Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 15, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 18, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Thursday, October 21, 2010

An Eternity of WTF

Sometimes my husband has a way of putting everything into perspective with a single phrase. A phrase that sums up everything, and makes me say......yeah, that's my life, that's how I feel.

Let me explain.

I was thinking today how it seems like it was just summer and I was anxiously awaiting the start of school. I looked forward to sending the boys off to school and finally enjoying some quiet time to myself.

I should know better.

Since Weston and Nicholas have started school I have:

Participated in an emergency IEP meeting for Weston

Had both boys home sick for a week.

Met with Weston's principal

Met with the school superintendent

Had Nicholas fitted for a new back brace

Took Weston to his psychiatrist where we discovered he is having a reaction to one of his meds.

Emergency discussion to reevaluate medications for Weston.

Picked up Weston from school for being suspended from school for hitting another student (first time ever)

And of course......today was no different.

Received an emergency call from Nicholas's school, he was complaining of pain while urinating.

Off to the lab for a urinalysis.

Back home to pick up Weston from school.

Back to pediatrician for office follow up. No urinary infection, possible constipation which I suspected. Flu shot and throat culture given just in case.

As I came home and complained to my husband of my constant state of on-call emergencies, and constant urgent child issues....

He said,

"Ya know Hon, you should know by now.....our life is an eternity of WTF!"

1 comment:

The Henrys said...

That's so funny, and so true!! It seems like there is always something that is going on, demanding our attention. My husband is a planner and he does not do well with WTF moments. It always throws him and we end up bickering because of it. I'm going to share this with him, maybe it will help him to laugh during those WTF moments.

Post a Comment