Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 15, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 18, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hot Weather, Bad Moods and Summer Haircuts

Like most of the entire country, the New England area is experiencing some pretty extreme hot and humid weather, with temperatures yesterday soaring to 102 degrees. Today, Dad decided to get both boys their annual summer "buzz cuts" to help keep them cool during the dog days of summer.

I snapped a few photos of Nicholas, who for some inexplicable reason, looks to me like he has suddenly matured into a strapping, young man. Each new day brings him closer to looking more and more like Weston and Dad.

So please forgive me here, for my sentimentality as a mother...as I admit to you all...that I miss my babies. But I also must confess that I enjoy watching my children turn magically into handsome young men.

Weston, on the other hand, was quite the grumpy bug today. During periods of extreme heat, he has trouble focusing on anything except how uncomfortable he feels. He was not interested in posing for blog pictures and expressed his unhappiness with me in the following photo.....

I guess I will have to try again later!

Stay cool everyone!

1 comment:

The Henrys said...

There's just something about haircuts that make our boys look so grown up. Every time Caleb gets one, I can't get over how much he has grown.

They look great!! Try to stay cool!

Post a Comment