Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 15, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 18, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ode to Honey Nut Cheerios

Nicholas is a lover of simple things. So, I guess it is not surprising that his favorite cereal is...


He would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....every single day.

He would eat them here or there....
He would eat them anywhere....

Sorry...couldn't resist a Dr Seussism.

Anyway, we have hundreds of empty boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios strewn around our living room. Nicholas is just too horrified to throw away such a priceless commodity, even if it is...just the box.

I must admit, I am amused at the level of passion he has for this plain and simple treat. But when I think about it.....really think about it.....It makes perfect sense, for it is truly the simple things in life that give Nicolas the most pleasure.

So in honor of Honey Nut Cheerios, Dr. Seuss and my (easy to please) son, Nicholas....

I am as happy as I can be
When Honey Nut Cheerios is what I see
It's round and sweet and healthy for me
I am so happy that my Mom agrees
I guess it’s a cereal that fits me to a “t”…
And really reflects my philosophy
Simple things fill me with glee
They make me smile and set me free
Try it sometime and you will see
Happiness is in the box with the little gold bee

1 comment:

The Henrys said...

Love the poem!
I agree, HNC is the best cereal!

Post a Comment