Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 15, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 18, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Confused Cactus

This is my Christmas Cactus. I have had it for many years.

This is astounding to me since I usually forget to water any kind of indoor plant and usually end up killing them.  But for some reason, this one has survived. Perhaps because it is a cactus and requires very little water? Hmmmmmm?

Anyway....this cactus blooms twice a year, Christmas and spring.

It is February 22, and I think like the rest of us, my plant is confused.

Is this winter or just a very long spring?

1 comment:

Over Yonder said...

We missed out on spring here in NC. That plant is gorgeous! My mom has a Christmas cactus that got even bigger than yours. I have a hard time keeping plants alive lol. I do have a few right now that are doing ok.

Post a Comment