Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 14, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 17, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's New Pussycat, Wooooah

Nicholas loves to watch movies, one of his favorites is "Flushed Away"


At the very end of the movie, as the credits start to roll, the song, "What's New Pussycat?" by Tom Jones starts to play. For those of you who are not old like me, this is Tom Jones, singing "What's New Pussycat?"


Back in the old days, Tom Jones was the "it" man. He had a weekly television variety show. Women everywhere went crazy for the sexy man who could really sing. He had an "Elvis-like" quality, with the innate ability to make women feel like he was singing directly to them.

Although unfortunately, I have never met this handsome man, my young son has somehow acquired his gift.

"What's New Pussycat, wooooaaaahh," Tom starts to wail.

Immediately, Nicholas searches furiously for his Dora backpack.

He grabs the purple pouch and starts serenading the lovely photo of Dora the Explorer on the front.

"What's new Pussycat, wooooooaaahhhh," swoons Nicholas



"Pussycat, pussycat, I've got flowers and lots of hours to spend with youuuuuu," he sings lovingly to Dora's smiling face.


"So go and make up your big little pussycat eyes."


"Pussycat, Pussycat, I love you, yes, I dooooooooo..........."



As my sensitive son sings his loving heart out to the lovely Dora, I realize......

The sexy and suave, Tom Jones has nothing on this kind and warm-hearted little casanova.

In fact, I think my soulful son could teach good ole Tom a thing or two about love!