Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 14, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 17, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Friday, December 14, 2012

Why Can't We Learn How to Stop This?

The news is staggering....a 20 year-old man went on a shooting rampage today at a Connecticut elementary school firing at staff and students before eventually killing himself.

26 are dead, 20 of them children between the ages of 5 and 10.

The images are horrifying.



I am so saddened I cannot speak. I weep for these children. I weep for these families.

A holy season shattered by violence and elementary school children murdered in their classroom.

20 parents kissed their children and sent them off to school today.

20 children will never come home.

Instead of celebrating the spirit of peace and holiness, 20 parents will be planning funerals and burying their children.

If we do not learn from this day, we will never become a safe and peaceful nation.

I do not understand.

Why can't we stop this?

My prayers are for the children.

My prayers are for the families.

My prayers are that we learn how to stop the violence.