Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 15, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 18, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ye of Little Faith

I have come to believe,
 
that as a parent of children diagnosed with special needs,
 
I have a choice.
 
I can choose to see this life as some form of punishment.
 
I can complain about how tiring and difficult it is
 
or,
 
I can choose to see this life as something special.
 
 
As an opportunity to meet, teach. learn, share and grow with others,
 
to let go of fear

to allow things to fall

to embrace chaos
 
to seize the moment
 
to be present
 
to love unconditionally
 
and unrestrained
 
to have faith in my heart that I am exactly where I am supposed to be,
 
learning,
 
 and doing exactly what I am meant to do,
 
for myself,
 
and others.
 
I have faith.
 
I believe.
 
 
I understand what is important.
 
I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment