Our Journey Raising Two Children with Special Needs

This blog chronicles our life raising two children, Nicholas 14, diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and Weston 17, diagnosed with Autism/Asperger's/ADHD. It's the ups, the downs, the joys, the sorrows and most importantly, the beauty of living a life less perfect, a life more meaningful.




Sunday, June 28, 2015

And So the Adventure Begins...


I am at the mercy of the Universe
I have faith that I will find
excitement and adventure
in this new experience.
 
After a hard-fought and bloody battle
there was failure and self-doubt
support from a friend
a renewal of strength
and belief in the importance of my voice
There was courage to accept defeat
 bitter sweet goodbyes
and a hurtful silence
as Nick and I let go of our meaningful past.
 
We are guided in a new direction.
 
We find ourselves
on the precipice
of change.
 
 
About to leap
together as always
into the great unknown
 
I feel alive
and refreshed
hesitant yet exhilarated
eager to discover
what the future has in store for us.
 
 
Who will we meet?
How will we change?
What type of love will we discover?
What are the lessons we will learn?
 
I am ready to continue our journey together
 
 
I recall in previous posts
asking the Universe
for something new and exciting
 
 
I believe I got my wish.